The new iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot not only features a longer battery life than its predecessor, but innovative technologies that enables it to eliminate up to 98% common allergens. Whereas the iRobot 390 ensures methodical cleaning as a traditional vacuum cleaner thanks to the back and forth cleaning, the time taken to complete a cleaning chore is relatively minimal. By incorporating a 4-stage cleaning system, the manufacturer ensured that the vacuum cleaning robot not only prepares, but washes, scrubs and mops a floor. This in turn makes it ideal for linoleum, wooden and tiled floors.
Built into the vacuum cleaning robot, is the iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology that functions in enabling the device to cover every area of the room, including wall edges and beneath furniture. Then again, the Virtual Wall technology confines the cleaning robot to particular areas of the room thereby ensuring thorough cleaning of an area before moving to the next.
Features and Specifications of the iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot
- Warranty: The manufacturer has included in the packaging a 1 year warranty for the cleaning robot as well as an additional six month limited warranty for the battery. The fact that the manufacturer is willing to stand by the product by offering two different types of warranties is an indicator of its quality.
- Clean Water Management System: You do not have to worry about spreading of dirty water in areas that have been cleaned. The iRobot SCOOBA 390 contains cleaning solution in a different tank thereby ensuring that only clean water is spread on the floor.
- Low Profile: This design aspect enables the vacuum cleaning robot to effortlessly maneuver round objects and under furniture.
- 4-Stage Cleaning: The 4-stage cleaning process entails vacuuming, application of cleaning solution, scrubbing and mopping. All of these tasks are accomplished in a single pass. Consequently, you can rest assured that the SCOOBA 390 will provide you with thorough cleaning.
- SCOOBA Virtual Wall: The Virtual Wall technology makes it easy for the user to confine the vacuum cleaning robot to particular areas of the room.
In addition to the above, the iRobot 390 features a user-friendly interface thereby making it easier for the user to control the device.
The Pros and Cons of the iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot
Before spending $500 on this home appliance, it is wise to first of all weigh the pros and cons. By doing so, you will be able to determine if the iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot is a worthwhile investment. Listed below, are the pros and cons of the SCOOBA 390:
- In addition to vacuuming, the SCOOBA 390 vacuum cleaning device also washes, scrubs and mops the floor.
- The broad cleaning head enables the vacuum cleaning robot to clean a wide area. This in turn makes it ideal for cleaning kitchens as well as other rooms which measure up to 450 square feet.
- The device is easy to use. Once you have configured the iRobot 390, you can proceed to your other chores as it completes the cleaning task.
- The low profile not only makes it easy for the device to clean beneath furniture, but maneuver around objects.
- When cleaning your dining room, kitchen and living room, you can confine the SCOOBA 390 to particular areas thanks to the innovative virtual wall technology.
- The manufacturer has included in the package a 1 year limited warranty on the iRobot as well as an additional 6 month limited warranty on the battery.
- The longer battery life ensures that you do not have to keep on recharging the device in-between cleaning sessions.
- The cleaning solution is confined to a separate compartment thereby preventing dirty water from being spread on the floor.
- Maintenance is made easier thanks to the color coding used on different components.
- Perhaps the only setback is the noise generated by the iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot during the cleaning process.
The iRobot SCOOBA 390 Floor Washing Robot is ideal for homeowners who would like to relish the benefit offered by upright vacuum cleaners but cannot because of limited storage space in their homes.