The iRobot SCOOBA 230 Floor Washing Robot is the latest cutting-edge vacuum cleaning robot which not only vacuum, but wet washes a floor in a short period of time compared to traditional vacuum cleaners. Fitted into this robotic vacuum cleaning device are scrubbing brushes that function in loosening stubborn stains, dust particles and debris. Also incorporated into the vacuum cleaning robot is a squeegee that eliminates dirty water, thereby ensuring a clean surface. The 3-stage cleaning system also ensures that up 98% of known allergens and household bacteria are eliminated during the cleaning process. All these are accomplished with a single sweep.
The charging dock ensures that the vacuum cleaning robot is always ready for cleaning chores. With a single charge, the device can clean up to four rooms. However, if the SCOOBA 230 detects low charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock for recharge.
Features and Specifications of the iRobot SCOOBA 230 Floor Washing Robot
- Compact Design: The iRobot SCOOBA 230 vacuum cleaning robot measures 6.5 x 4 x 6.5 inches and weighs four pounds. The small design and build ensures that storage and transportation are not an issue. The low profile design also ensures that the device can effortlessly clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Virtual Wall: The virtual wall technology functions in confining the robotic vacuum cleaner to specific areas of the room. This in turn makes it ideal for cleaning large areas by simply dividing the room into small and manageable partitions.
- Three-Stage Cleaning: The 3-stage cleaning ensures that the vacuum cleaning robot not only prepares (i.e. vacuuming), but scrubs and wet-washes a floor with one sweep. The sturdy brushes also ensure that the device can easily scrub and eliminate stubborn stains and grime. Consequently, it is ideal for cleaning high-traffic areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. Besides thorough cleaning, the 3-stage cleaning process also ensures that the vacuum cleaning robot can easily eliminate up to 98% of known allergens and household bacteria.
Upon making your purchase, you will also find the following accessories in the package: a single robotic battery, storage mat, natural enzyme formula and wall charger.
The Pros and Cons of the iRobot SCOOBA 230 Floor Washing Robot
Whereas the price tag of $300 may not seem like a huge investment when purchasing a household investment, it is still a big investment. Therefore, before making your purchase, you need to first of all assess the pros and cons.
- The vacuum cleaning robot is ideal for cleaning high-traffic areas such as the kitchen and bathrooms. The scrubbing brushes function in loosening stubborn stains, dust particles and grimes from the floor. Dirty water is prevented from getting on the floor by the squeegee.
- The user-friendly interface makes it easier for users to operate the vacuum cleaning robot. All that you have to do is to press the ‘Clean’ button and the device is ready to start the cleaning chore.
- Included in the packaging is a limited one year warranty. Therefore, in case of any flaws attributed to manufacturing errors, you do not have to worry about repair expenses.
- The 3-stage cleaning system not only guarantees thorough cleaning, but eliminates up to 98% of known allergens and household bacteria.
- Hard-to-clean areas are made simple by the scrubbing brushes and squeegee. This in turn makes the device ideal for cleaning high-traffic areas like the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Confining the iRobot SCOOBA 230 to particular areas of the room is made easier by the virtual wall technology.
- The manufacturer has not included in the design a dustbin warning system. Consequently, you have to keep on checking if the dustbin is full or not.
In contrast to other vacuum cleaning robots, the iRobot SCOOBA 230 Floor Washing Robot is ideal for cleaning high-traffic areas as the scrubbing brushes and squeegee have been specially designed to get rid of stubborn stains and grimes.