The iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner boasts of a low profile design that allows it to easily clean beneath furniture and hard-to-reach areas. For instance, the side-brush functions in getting rid of dirt particles and debris that may have accumulated on wall edges. Operation is also made simple by the single button operation. All that you have to do is to press on the ‘Clean’ button and the vacuum cleaning robot will automatically embark on the cleaning chores. Then again, you do not have to worry the battery charge as the vacuuming robot will automatically return to the charging dock as soon as it is through with a vacuuming session.
Given that not all rooms are the same, the manufacturer has incorporated into the vacuuming robot a sophisticated application as well as sensors that allow it to actively react to the room being cleaned. Moreover, the broad cleaning head automatically adjusts to different floor types thereby making transition simple.
Features and Specifications of the iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Dimension: The device measures 8 cm in length thereby making it one of the lowest vacuuming cleaning devices accessible in the market. Consequently, cleaning beneath beds, chairs and coffee tables is made pretty easy.
- Scheduled Cleaning: The 555-Robotic Vacuum Cleaning device can be scheduled to embark on cleaning chores at particular times of the day or week. As such, you can be sure of coming back to a clean house when on a business trip or vacation.
- Flexible Cleaning Head: This feature functions in enabling the device to automatically adjust between different floor types thereby guaranteeing optimized cleaning.
- Intelligent Cleaning: Fitted into the iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is a sophisticated application that enables the vacuum cleaning robot to respond to different environments.
- 3-Stage Cleaning Process: The patented three-stage cleaning mechanism functions in ensuring thorough cleaning. As such, it has the capacity to collect large volumes of dirt particles and debris.
- Virtual Wall: The virtual wall technology allows users to partition bigger rooms into small manageable parts thereby ensuring proper cleaning. Furthermore, you can use the same technology to confine the cleaning robot to certain areas of the room.
The Pros and Cons of the iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Before spending $400 on this innovative cleaning vacuum cleaner, it is important to assess the pros and cons. By doing so, you will be able to determine if the investment is a worthwhile one. Listed below, are some of the pros and cons of the iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
- Fast Cleaning: The virtual wall technology makes it easier for users to partition bigger rooms into manageable parts thus ensuring thorough cleaning. Moreover, the same technology can be used for preventing the device from going into certain rooms.
- Adjustable Cleaning Head: This feature is essential in ensuring that the vacuum robot can easily move between different floor types.
- Side-Brush: This feature has been included so as to make it easier for users to clean hard-to-reach areas such as wall-edges.
- Anti-Tangle System: This technology prevents the device from getting entangled by cords and carpet fringes.
- On-Board Scheduling: Thanks to this mechanism, you can easily configure the vacuum cleaner to automatically embark on cleaning at different times of the week. As such, you do not have to be at home in order to ensure that cleaning is done.
- Warranty: Included in the packaging is a 1 year limited warranty on the device. Consequently, you do not have to spend money on faults attributed to manufacturing errors.
- The dustbin is slightly small.
- The manufacturer has not incorporated into the device a dustbin alert system.
The iRobot Roomba 555 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is ideal for consumers who are shopping for intelligent vacuum cleaning devices. Moreover, the diminutive design and build makes it ideal for people with limited storage space in their houses.