One of the things that you will instantly note about the iRobot Roomba 550 Vacuum Cleaning Robot is the piano black finish that enables it to easily blend with the design and décor in your home. Nonetheless, the aesthetic appeal is not the only thing that the manufacturer paid extra attention to during the design process. Incorporated into this cutting-edge robotic vacuum cleaner are a myriad of technologies which take the guesswork out cleaning.
For starters, the user-friendly interface ensures that you can embark on vacuum cleaning chores with a single press of a button. Then again, you can concentrate on other things such as cooking and helping your children with their homework while the vacuum cleaning session goes on. With the help of Virtual Wall Lighthouse Technology, you can confine the robotic vacuum cleaner to particular areas of the room. Once the device is through with one area, all you have to do is move the virtual walls.
Features and Specifications of the iRobot Roomba 550 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- Anti-Tangle Technology: This mechanism prevents the vacuum cleaning robot from getting entangled by carpet fringes and cables. This feature is supported by the auto reverse mechanism that allows the cleaning robot to automatically reverse when cables and carpet fringes are detected.
- Dirt Sensor: You do not have to direct the unit to the dirtiest parts of the room. The Dirt Sensor technology allows the device to spend more time cleaning parts of the room that are filled with grime and dirt particles.
- Gentle Bumper Technology: Maneuvering round objects has been made simpler by the Gentle Bumper Technology. When obstacles are detected, the device slowly moves around them while at the same time ensuring thorough cleaning.
- Low Profile Design: This aspect of the design ensures that hard-to-reach areas like under the beds, coffee tables, baseboards and chairs are not an issue for the vacuum cleaning robot.
- Cliff Sensors: The inbuilt Cliff Sensors function in preventing the device from falling down the stairs.
In addition to the above, the iRobot Roomba 550 features dual, high-speed, counter-rotating brushes which function in picking up dirt particles, pet hairs, dander, fibers and bread crumps amongst other debris.
The Pros and Cons of the iRobot Roomba 550 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Before spending $550 on this product, it is highly advisable that you take time and weigh the pros and cons that come with it. This in turn will allow you to determine if the $550 is a worthwhile investment. Listed below, are the pros and cons which you will most likely realize while using the robotic vacuum cleaner:
- Long battery life: With a single charge, you can easily clean up to 4 rooms. Moreover, if the device detects low charge, it will automatically return to the charging base.
- The dirt detection system ensures that the vacuum cleaning robot spends more time in areas that are considered dirty.
- Unlike other brands and models, the Roomba 550 cannot be caught up by carpet fringes and cables during cleaning. The anti-tangle technology coupled by the auto reverse feature allows it to automatically retract when cables and carpet fringes are detected.
- The counter rotating brushes ensures that loose dirt particles, pet hairs, dander and fabrics are easily cleaned.
- When cleaning the first floor of your house, you do not have to worry about the vacuum cleaning robot accidentally falling over the stairs. The cliff sensors functions in preventing such occurrences from taking place.
- The user-friendly interface also ensures that you do not have to spend the entire day going through the user manual.
The performance and reliability of the iRobot Roomba 550 could have been enhanced further had the manufacturer incorporated into the design:
- Dustbin alert system.
- Noise reduction technology.
The iRobot Roomba 550 Vacuum Cleaning Robot has been specially designed for homeowners who would like to take out the guesswork in vacuum cleaning task.