Whereas there are different versions of the iRobot Vacuum Cleaner in the market, the Roomba 400 tends to easily stand out from the rest. For starters, the aesthetic design makes it easier for the appliance to blend with the décor used in your home. Rather than placing the vacuum cleaning robot in a bare floor, the manufacturer has provided a rug on which it can rest while not in use.
The user-friendly interface is also a defining feature. All that is required in order to operate the device is to press on the ‘Clean’ button. As such, you do not have to spend time reading the user manual in order to familiarize yourself with the operation modes. Consumers residing in storied houses do not have to be overly concerned about the robotic vacuum cleaner falling over the stairs. The cliff sensor technology functions in alerting the device to automatically stop and turn-around the instant it nears the age of a stair case.
By incorporating the counter-rotation brushes into the design, the manufacturer ensured that the robotic vacuum cleaner can easily reach deep into your carpets. This in turn ensures that pet hairs, fabrics, dust particles and dander are eliminated.
Features and Specifications of the iRobot Roomba 400 Vacuum Cleaner
- Low Profile: The low profile makes it easier for the robotic vacuum cleaner to clean hard-to-reach areas such as under the beds, chairs, coffee tables, baseboards and wall edges.
- Dirt Sensor: The vacuum cleaner features a technology that enables it to detect areas with more dirt and debris. This in turn ensures thorough cleaning by spending more time in those particular zones.
- Cliff Sensor: By incorporating robotic intelligence into the vacuum cleaning robot, the manufacturer basically ensured that it can detect obstacles and prevent itself from falling down the stair case.
- Adjustable Cleaning Head: The iRobot Roomba 400 is not only ideal for cleaning carpeted, but wooden floors. The adjustable cleaning head ensures easy transition between different floor types.
- Virtual Wall Lighthouse: You can confine the vacuum cleaning robot to particular areas of the room by making use of the virtual lighthouse technology. Then again, the same feature functions in ensuring that large rooms are cleaned with relative ease.
The Pros and Cons of the iRobot Roomba 400 Vacuum Cleaner
Before making the decision to spend $350 on this home appliance, it is highly recommended that you spend time assessing the pros and cons. By doing so, you will be able to determine if the investment is truly worthwhile. Listed below, are the positive and negative aspects of the Roomba 400 Vacuum Cleaner:
- The vacuum cleaning robot automatically returns to the charging station when the vacuum cleaning process is completed. The same applies when the device detects low battery.
- The user-friendly interface ensures that you do not have to spend a lot of time going through the user manual in order to acquaint yourself with the device. To start operating the device, all you have to do is press the ‘Clean’ button.
- Cleaning hard-to-reach spots like wall edges and below furniture has been made simple thanks to the low profile design.
- When cleaning a huge area, you can ensure thorough cleaning by making use of the virtual wall lighthouse. The vacuum cleaner will only move to the next area or room when it is through with one section.
- The strong suction power ensures that it can reach deep into carpets thereby eliminating pet hairs, fabrics and dander other debris.
- The manufacturer has not incorporated into the design a fine air filtration system.
- The device uses standard batteries which in turn ensure short battery life.
- The dustbin is small. As such, you have to constantly empty the bin when cleaning a large area.
The iRobot Roomba 400 Vacuum Cleaner is ideal for homeowners who would like to simplify cleaning chores thereby allowing them to concentrate on other tasks.