The Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone is a slim upright vacuum cleaner that uses Dyson’s Root Cyclone technology that ensures that you clean without losing suction. It boasts of the IEC 60312 Cl 2.9 test standard which means that you can clean any floor or any surface without breaking suction. It can remove pet hair, dust and dirt off any surface and ensures that you will have healthy room air with a lifetime HEPA filter. It is certified as asthma-friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
What are the features of the Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone?
- Weighs only 6 pounds
- Uses Root Cyclone Technology
- Lightweight so you can clean floors and surfaces faster and without breaking your back
- Uses 200 air watts of power
- With an on and off brushbar so you can transition from carpets to hard floors easily
- Comes with an extendable tool to reach high places
- With a lifetime HEPA filter to prevent the backup of polluted air
- With a 25 foot cord
- With a large 4/9 gallon bin, easy to empty with just a push of a button.
- Certified asthma friendly
- Comes with a 5 year warranty
What are the pros and cons of using the Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone?
- Has one of the strongest suctions when it comes to vacuums of the same size and features. Will clean with maximum efficiency hard to reach areas and very dirty areas like carpet ends, under furniture, in between furniture and under the bed. The low profile design allows it to clean under furniture with ease.
- The Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone is effective in removing pet hair which could be very troublesome especially when you have so many pets at home. Allergies are not a problem since this vacuum uses efficient HEPA filter media to prevent back up of polluted air.
- The bagless feature is very handy especially when you don’t want to deal with vacuum bags and will also save you money from buying expensive bags as well.
- The on board tools are handy to use like the motorized brush bar which will allow you to quickly transition from cleaning carpets to hard flooring. The crevice tool will pick up dirt in had to reach places while the stair tool will make cleaning stairs and stair carpets easier.
The bagless feature is a money saver but could be very tricky if you don’t know how you use it safely. For first time users, remove this bin outside to prevent careless accidents. The dust bin in this vacuum is easy to remove but when you have never used a bagless vacuum before this could get messy. The vacuum also lacks a retractable cord which could basically save you time in rewinding 25 foot long cords.
The Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone is an efficient vacuum to use in a home with allergies and is also a great cleaning tool for any kind of floors with its strong and consistent suction power. The features are ideal to use plus the on board tools are what any homeowner needs to clean really well.